Sunday, July 8, 2007

And now Mercy!...

Finished her up last night, and got her side strips all sewn down this morning...ready to add her at the end of the 3 lovely ladies. Somehow Goodness got skipped. I think because she requires less needle turn and more wool..whatever the reason, she's almost done too. I am loving the gals HAIR. No matter which way you style it...it just looks goofy and hilarious!

I spent several hours yesterday fulfilling my duty to myself that I was going to finish up all the quilts laying around from the last several months that have just a bit left to get them completed. it's infuriating to have them 95% done and then shoved into a corner in favor of something new. Bad habit that needs to be broken right now. So I pulled out the Tisket Tasket Quilt and started quilting again. I stopped because I couldn't figure out what to do on the white squares. I got hung up and froze. Well after an hour of trying things on paper I fell back the the old standard of meandering and got that part all done quickly. Now I have a few squiggles to do on the blue section borders and then trim, and binding and it will be done. It's just a scrap picnic quilt...something to be tossed on the ground and eaten on so it doesn't have to be a masterpiece. I'll try to get a picture up as soon as it's finished.

Back to quilting!

No comments: