Monday, March 3, 2008

todays' blocks...

Finally got the pre-cut blocks sewn up...now to cut more!

From l to r...

Parlor Activity, pg 101D & Mrs. Massie's Party, pg 139LL

These blocks were so fun and the old rules for cutting really do work...add 7/8" when cutting hst's and 1.25" when cutting qst's. I cut the pieces for Mrs. Massie's Party so the edges would be on the straight of grain and sturdy.

l to r....

My Greatest Trail, pg 189 LL & Soldier's Box, pg 199D

Very cool blocks too. I'm changing some colors around because I realized I am heavy on pink, red, & greens. I'm following along with the books but I think I ended up loving mostly pink and green blocks... therefore...yellow and purple!

7 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Very accurate piecing. Love it.

Erin said...

wow what a wonderful job! I love them all and love the purple and yellow!!

Karen said...

I am loving these blocks and the colors you chose. Makes me want to start doing this, but I must resist. Toooooo many unfinished projects. So i will just enjoy it watching you :).

Karen

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh gosh! Your blocks are coming out sooo wonderful! I just printed out last weeks and this weeks so I can get started again!!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Great blocks! I love your new header!

atet said...

I really am enjoying seeing all of the civil war blocks :0). Your Easter wall hanging is just perfect and so are the 30's strings. What fun projects you've been working on!

Wendy said...

Good progress on the blocks. Love the colours you are using.