Friday, March 14, 2008

In the doghouse

...so to speak. I don't think "cathouse" has the same connotation. I was sitting on the computer checking my emails last night when I shut it off and turned around the find this...

He's too heavy to make the jump straight to the table so I never had any trouble before...but with the larger ironing surface laid out on the two rolling carts he makes an easy plop..plop and up he goes. I've seen him and screamed him down several times, but such blatant flaunting of the rules doesn't go by unpunished. I scooped him up, scolded him and I hope he got the message. Hopefully...that and no more leaving the ironing surface up. Too many things left out that he will eat on that table.

Since I don't have any cute blocks to show at the moment, I thought I'd still add quilty content by showing the wonderful new fabric stack I opened Wednesday. Gotta love that Z&S. They do such a great job with these bundles. These are the new bundles of Civil War fabrics from Marcus Brothers and Judi Rothermel...Rocky Mountain III on the bottom and Cambridge on the top. Plus I got additional yardage of the poison green.

Now I have a favor to ask of everyone who would like to help. I need some fabric suggestions. I am soon to begin making Lucy's Tulip quilt seen here and here. Patty also has hers started but I don't think completed yet. I'm saving my scraps from making CW diary blocks and since these are sewn mostly by hand it's an easy project to work on with other projects. However...I need a background fabric and I can't for the life of me find anything suitable. Doesn't have to be CW fabric. In fact, I've gone through tons of groups and can't find a clear white backing on any of them. If you enlarge Lucy's pic she used a white with a blue or black tiny flower design. I believe Patty's has a small blue bee on the white background. I'm not trying to match their fabrics, just giving similar ones that worked. If any of you have recently bought a white fabric with a blue or black small printed pattern on it, can you pass along the info on the selvage for me. Nothing too old since it's sometimes very hard to find older fabrics, but in some cases it's possible. I have a few leads, but more eyes can always get the job done faster. Thanks ladies!

Now back to the machine and the washer...those new stacks must be washed!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't any nice shirting fabric work well for a background? I did a search on quiltshops.com and saw a few nice ones, Fabric Shack has a nice selection, white background, small print.

Anonymous said...

Judy, why don't you use the 12th from the bottom left side, the clear with little flowers
or this:
http://zandsfabrics.com/item.asp?PID=13806
or dots:
http://zandsfabrics.com/item.asp?PID=10252

Patti said...

I have those same two stacks of fat quarters on my ironing board LOL! Just got to love Judie Rothermel's reproductions. I know Kathie ordered them also. There are a couple of the Cambridge prints that I'd like to have in yardage but I'm going to be good.

I was going to suggest shirtings but I see others already have. Judy Rothermel put out a collection of shirtings recently - Z&S may still have some. Did you check there?

Shelina said...

What a lovely HUGE stack of fabric. Sorry I can't help with the background choice.

Carin said...

Love the FQ's they are lovely! I hope scolding your cat works better for you than for me. LOL!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh those FQ bundles are making me drool! And there is one particular fabric in there I have to see if they still have more of! It looks like an old fabric I had so maybe they reprinted it.... anyway I have to get some! Oh and try Little Quilts shirtings... those usually work good for what you want.....

Ginger Patches said...

Oh naughty boy...but so pretty :) I love your fat quarters!!!! I don't have much in the way of civil war fabrics but I am getting the urge to get more as I see everyones gorgeous stuff!!! Love that tulip quilt I enjoyed the blogs you linked to.

Wendy said...

He looks like he's saying "what I'm I not allowed to be here"?. Cats are so cute. Love the bundles of fabrics. Do you ever struggle with opening the bundle because they look so yummy all together.

Have you looked at Little Quilts web site, they have lots of those tiny prints.

tami said...

I just bought a Little Quilts Classic Shirtings today that would be perfect. Bright white background with tiny indigo flowers all over. Pattern 1681.

Darlene said...

Cats always seem to do exactly what you don't want them to do! He is a very handsome,indeed!

I love your new fabric - YUMMY!

Lucy said...

Judy the pattern is on the way to you:-)

Karen said...

I am drooling over your new stack of fabrics! I haven't looked at Z&S in a while. I am going right now to check it out.

Beth said...

I loved your fabrics and much more your cat!