Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Not much sewing...

So lots to say and nothing much to show! *G* Hubby has had troubles again with his SI joint and now nerve issues included and after physical therapy Friday the doc said he really needed rest and if he had the time, he needed to head home, not to work. So home he came. I plaid nurse maid..or actually "posture police" for three days and didn't get too much machine sewing done. Add in lots of grocery shopping the the rain, some errands, and loads of housework and you have nothing much to show.

I did however do a lot of hand sewing. I started working on the Christmas Mouses and got them finished at about 1:00 am last night. This time change has messed up my day immensely for some reason, waking up late and staying up late.

This was a really fun project to do. I love the mice and their long curly tails. It's by Cinderberry Stitches. She really has a wonderful line of patterns to choose from in all sorts of styles and seasons. All the mice and words were done in the new variegated floss...brown. It actually looks very nice and makes them seem more 2 dimensional, I think.

I thought I would also show my iron. Everyone has been showing theirs and telling the features. I love this iron for a few reasons... I'm not sure where I bought it, but it's about 4 years old and still works very well. Heats up super fast, so the auto shut off doesn't bother me. I use it to press every seam so it doesn't shut off all that often and once you tip it to re-start, it only takes 3-5 seconds or so to heat again. The steam is super and I use lots of it. It has 3 settings of steam too. The best feature is the cord. It swivels all around and is about 10 feet long!! The longest cord by far I've ever seen.

So that's my day so far. Haven't gotten to the machine yet today, getting up at 8:50 this morning! It sucks, but oh it felt so good to sleep. Now off the computer and back to sewing!

8 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your embroidery is so cute!

Carol said...

I love your mice! Poor hubby...and when they don't feel good they sure do want us close by. I'm with you...I can't get used to this darn time.

Carin said...

I just love your mice!!! They are adorable! Hope the hubby feels better soon.

Karen said...

Love the mice!

Sweet P said...

Your stitchery is gorgeous. Great job on it!

Libby said...

Why is it so hard to get those Hubby's to rest when they know they should. I guess the little boy never goes out of them and they always want to misbehave *s*

Ginger Patches said...

Cute, cute stitcheries! I love Cinderberry Stitches all of her stuff is so cute!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh such a great stitchery!