Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And the winner is.....

Me I guess...LOL! 4 priority envelopes found there way to my door this morning! Mostly fabrics that I ordered to do the background for the tulip quilt, but a few others. Don't you love getting stuff from Z&S. It's like getting an extra little surprise in that fabric bow. 2 1/2 inches of goodness!

So this is the winning background for the tulip quilt. I like the stripe and yet the openness of it. Plain and simple with some movement. From Judie Rothermel's newer 19th Century Background line.

I also got another that will be used in just a few blocks, I think. One or 2 maybe. I do like the effect of running out and using something else, even if it's on purpose. So we'll see. Thanks to everyone who recommended the Little Quilts line. This is one of theirs...

Finally the whole haul. Four packages but all very small in content. Just a few yards in each one. I simply had to have more of the poison green from the new Judi Rothermel collection...you just have to love everything that woman designs! Plus those missing pieces that never made it into the Dressing Gown collection when I ordered mine, and a quickly used pink that needed to be replenished.

I have received some seriously fabulous book in the past 2 days and I'll post all about those next. Don't want to make a marathon post! Back to sewing blocks!

9 comments:

Lucy said...

Great choice !! I love both fabrics very much!

Carol said...

Love the fabrics...I think they will be perfect!

atet said...

Those fabrics are just lovely and will be perfect! Love the civil war blocks you've been working on (I think I would have broken down and started paper piecing long ago!) and the triangles as well -- such fun!

Wendy said...

Oh my you found the prefect background for the tulips. I love it.

Lea said...

Oh, Judy, I love your fabric choice! This background fabric is one of my favorite too.*S*

Ginger Patches said...

gorgeous fabrics!!! It's all perfect!!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh I love the fabrics you got! What a fun mail day!

Darlene said...

Excellent choice! You do have an eye for great looking fabric. :-)

julieQ said...

Wonderful fabric choices! Won't it look great! I have been enjoying your CW blocks...