Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday check in...

The last two blocks for the week are done and in the plastic tub I labeled for this quilt. Gotta have a special tub for them to wait in right?

# 7 ...Bitter Enemy.. I didn't realize that the block was brown and blue until I had cut the squares, but I like this coloration.

#8 ... Splendid Victory....

I know that 8 blocks, but I did an extra in there. I won't have a block for a few days since I'll be waiting for my other book before I can start the next 7 of them. SO stay tuned.

These blocks are 6" finished for a few that have asked. Also the person who asked how all my points and seams turn out so perfect. Look closely and you'll see that they aren't all that perfect, but I do work hard for them to be right. I would have answered privately but you are not set up for any email. The biggest trick is cutting accurately, sew a consistent seam, press with lots of steam and I always press for construction and make sure I have opposing seams at all junctions.

The ring for this group is now located on the sidebar, but people are still putting the links on their blogs so it has a few missing links. If you want to go around you can always click on the term List and click on the individual blogs.

10 comments:

Libby said...

Wow - when you decide on a project, you take off. The blocks look great . . . still going to sit on the sidelines - for the time being anyway *s*

Carol said...

Love your blocks!

antique quilter said...

boy you jumped right in!
I won't get back to making blocks till Tuesday now!
glad to see yours, I am just loving looking at everyones fabric choices, for me thats more than 1/2 the fun!
Kathie

Juliann in WA said...

These blocks are fun and like potato chips, I am finding it hard to stop at one or two.

Lea said...

Libby is right, You ain't waste your time! *S* I better go back to my sewing table and sew, sew, sew, just like you!

corry said...

Love your blocks, and what a fabulous triangles of blue in block 7!

Beertje Zonn said...

Your blocks are beautiful and fabrics too!
Kind regards,

Sonnja, from the Netherlands
Beertje Zonn

Cheryl said...

Just found your blog and there is lots to look at. Your blocks look great and you sure have got a lot done!

julieQ said...

Very pretty blocks. You are making great progress!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh yours are wonderful. I didn't know it was suppose to be blue and brown. Mine is black and blue too.