Tuesday, June 30, 2009

quilt one...

before I felt right shoving aside all my working projects to make a new quilt, I at least wanted to clear off my design wall. I doubt you kept up with the scintillating conversation I was having here in "dullsville" for awhile there...but I was doing a lot of embroidery blocks. So I needed to get them finished and ready to assemble with all their pieced parts complete. Now I am almost up to date with this bom. Two tiny baskets left and I will be up to date. Here are the latest finishes...Month 3
and Month 5 A & B...small ones, but cute...
Now onto the quilt plans. I looked in my fabric cupboard and found a FQ bundle from Christmas that would work perfectly for the first quilt!

I found a Dear Jane fabric bundle and added a few more fabrics to make up the 16 FQ's required. It will be CW related but bright! Just the thing for summer.

11 comments:

Vicki W said...

The baskets are so cute!

Carol said...

Love those basket blocks...oh this is going to be a very pretty quilt...can't wait to see it grow!

Shakerwood said...

Wow, those are bright for you. But it will still be a nice quilt. Just the ticket for the summer time!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Can't wait to see which quilt your doing. I have loved several quilts in taht book and made some from it too!

Anne said...

Your stitchery BOM is wonderful. Can't wait to see it finished.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Your basket blocks look great Judy. I've still not finished last years BOM from them and my basket BOM's are rolling in.

Darlene said...

Love, love, love the basket blocks, Judy! Wish I'd signed up for that one, too. :-)

I can't wait to see which quilt you make with those fabulous prints.

Karen said...

I think you do those embroidered blocks very fast!

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty work -- this will be a cute quilt!

kcenya1950 said...

Yes, which one will you be making? I have made several from that book and the others in the series. They are lots of fun

antique quilter said...

great baskets :)
oh can't wait to see what you make from this book, its one I don't own so it will be a surprise to me
Love your fabric choices here...
hope all is well
Kathie