Sunday, June 21, 2009

might I ask....

Where are all the pretty sheets?? I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get a new set of sheets Sunday and I can't find any pretty sheets. Nothing! Where are the roses, polka dots, flowers, pretty designs, even hip modern designs?, Heck I'll even take pretty stripes, but nope. Also while I'm asking what happened to 50% cotton and 50% poly pillow cases? Nobody makes them anymore? I hate all cotton sheets. I know it's popular and everyone loves them...but once you wash them they turn to cardboard if they aren't a very high thread count. I love nothing more than a smooth, cool, crisp...and I mean CRISP set of sheets and pillowcases that stay cool all night. You can feel them when you come across them. Luckily some are still around from years past and I found them on ebay. Beautiful vintage 60's and 70's pillowcases!

I won a few lovely auctions of mis-matched cases in beautiful light colors with such a nice feel to them. A nice dip in the wash and they are good as new. Actually better since you can't find them anymore! Don't mind my bare mattress..*s*!

Aren't those polka dots sweet? I've got 5 fabulous pink ones I won last night that I can't wait to put on the bed! BTW, if you know of any sources for new pretty sheets that don't cost a small fortune, please pass along the info!

Next up..planning a quilt for my bed! I've never made a king size quilt before so this should be interesting. Summer time is hard for us to use the duvet since it feels like it weighs 20 pounds. I use just a sheet but poor hubby needs more, so nice quilt will be perfect for him! So what pattern to use. I've got a few choices narrowed down and I think I've almost made up my mind...more on that later!

4 comments:

Libby said...

While I agree there is something special about a freshly made bed with crisp, clean linens - I also like flannel sheets. When the high thread count cottons became available, it was easy for me to make the switch. In the winter, just add blanets. In the summer a sheet is just enough *s*

Wendy said...

I love the freshness of crisp sheets. I did just buy some pretty ones for my daughter and they were really cheap, I just wish I could remember the name of the store. It was a bedding store and not Target....yikes my mind is blank...sorry. I love the pretty pillow cases. Can't wait to see what you decide on the new quilt.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love your new linens. The polka dotted ones are adorable. I've got a Ca. King bed and to make a quilt for it is just crazy. I bought a white quilted conforter and then lay my quilts along the bottom for some color. Just the thought of making a quilt that size makes me cringe!!

Anonymous said...

I love your pillowcases. Those older cases hold up better than the ones you buy today that are made in China. I have several and the silky feel of them is wonderful. Use them and enjoy!
~Joyce in MI