Monday, June 29, 2009

market bags

Thanks for all the colander love...isn't it fun to figure out your camera a take some cool shots? I had fun doing it. I've already used it for a big ole pot of yummy squash!

I spent my weekend cutting and then sewing some more Jane Market Bags from the cool pattern I got from Alicia at Posie Gets Cozy. I'll say it again...Great pattern!! So I cut out another 5 bags, I think.... and I sewed up three more of them so far.

I still have 2 more to sew, but I wanted to get some loose ends sewn up and finished before I start on a new sewing project. These are easy to stop and sew up in a jiffy.

Pink and brown...
Orange dots from Amy Butler, and the first one I made with the pocket...

And a lovely brown bag....

So, the new project. First I'm loading up on fabrics for a bed sized quilt for my bed...KING sized and measured at 95" x 105". But that will take a while. Meanwhile I realized that I didn't really have but a few bed type quilts...you know "block quilts". Not wall hangings, or applique, or stitchery. Just plain old "pick one or two blocks" and make a whole quilt. Snuggle quilts. You know the type.

SO I grabbed a few older books and a few new books and set out with a plan to make some quilts! I've drafted some blocks, pulled a few patterns... I'm picking fabric, and making piles! Hopefully I'll have some quilts to show later on this summer!

8 comments:

Libby said...

The good, old tried-and-true blocks never fail when it comes to a bed quilt. Scrappy or two color . . . . they are always *delish*

Janet said...

The bags are great and so very stylish. It sounds like you're having a lot of fun planning the new quilts.

antique quilter said...

I am so impressed, they are beautiful, can't even pick a favorite!
great job and all this weekend!
oh wel love new books!
you will have fun making a large quilt with blocks you like and fabrics you LOVE
Kathie

Thimbleanna said...

Those bags are adorable! I love them with the Amy Butler dots!!!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the orange one and the pink one. OK I love them all. Great bags Judy. You've been busy.

Carol said...

OMG I LOVE all your Market bags...you have been a very busy girl...can't wait to see what you decide on for your BIG quilt.

Shakerwood said...

What adorable bags. I use cloth bags at the grocery store (haven't totally convinced Dear Hubby yet). But they are the bags that the store sells for 89 cents and aren't very attractive. I have plenty of fabric......hhhmmmm.

Karen said...

Cute bags and the fabric is so much fun. I keep thinking I should do some bags like that - but never get around to it. Sure would be more fun than those grocery store bags. Could it make grocery shopping fun - hmmmm don't know about that one lol.

Hugs- Karen