I'm still moving along...getting the strips sewn on the side sq. in a sq. blocks so I could add the redbirds and the word "america" to the panel. This is the way it looks added into it's rightful place.
I also was able to finish the Oak leaves block and get the lower right corner finished and assembled. I made mine from 100% wool felt and this makes turning all those dips and curves non-existent. This completes all the blocks for the quilt...leaving out any of the borders, but remember the borders on this quilt are extensive. The sides are plainer, but the top and bottom borders are full of paper pieced stars and houses, as well as the title block for the quilt!
Now I know it's been confusing with the closing and not closing down of the SwLOL blog. But it should be fine for now. I gave Beth instructions on how to switch it over to me and hopefully that will occur at some point. Since Beth opened it, she's the only one with access to do that. If I get admin control, I don't have any plans to remove the blog any time soon. It doesn't hurt it being there and if it helps someone with a few tips, it's all good.