Man those jackets are full of lovely wool. But I lost the whole front panels of the jacket to yucky interfacing that looked like rubber and burlap! More on those later. Right now, looky at the lovely new Cheri Payne patterns that arrived today at my door! Yippee! a reason to use more of that lovely wool!
I can't wait to get sewing next year for Christmas. Some are more elaborate than others, but it's not always the need for the pattern that makes me buy them. Heck it's rarely the "need" for the pattern. I think of these as a collection. Libby and I have discussed this before. I have a whole magazine holder rack with these little brown envelopes!
Now back to the wool jackets! I only cut up one today and I would guesstimate I got about 1/2 to 3/4 of a yard of wool...based on the Dump N Dye gals way of determining wool yardage for how much dye to use. Good deal! No worries about the loss, I got plenty! Those lapels and sleeves were great finds. Here's the pictures of the pieces. First are the front pieces...the inside lapels, and the sleeves.
Then the two back panels and the big section of the kick pleat. Man that was a great find!
Here's the whole pile ready for dying. I know some of you must be tired of seeing wool, but I am having so much fun seeing how this turns out and those new patterns will need lost of wool...glad I can get it cheap and dye it myself!