Friday, March 20, 2009

new finds...

Hit the thrift/antique stores again yesterday to pick up a few blue jars for a fellow enthusiast and I was sent to a new store, thinking they might have the one I wanted...they didn't, but I did find a few things I couldn't pass up!

Finally found the small old tin I wanted! 4" x 6 1/2" and about 1 3/4" deep and PERFECT for small little pieces!

Then I found exactly what I've wanted for the kitchen counter ever since putting away the lighted church after Christmas. A little light for the counter top. It gives the kitchen such a nice glow at night.

I know quilting has been slim to none around this blog for the week, but I am working and getting some finishes done so next few post will be all quilting! Have a great weekend everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want your new lamp! Love it! Was there more?

Wendy said...

I'm a bit behind reading blogs , but I loved your old letter, 114 years old, wow...have you got more? Loved your cute little jar lamp. x

Lurline said...

Looks like some nice finds - glad you had fun!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Shakerwood said...

You found that lamp at a thrift store?? What a lucky find. ps. Happy National Quilting Day!

Anonymous said...

Love old letters, old jars, searching antique and thrift stores and the searching that is connected with genealogy. I found a lot of info for Spencer and Hattie. They were married on Jan 1, 1884. Her maiden name was Hattie Maria Ruggles born in Moline, IL on June 6, 1858. Spencer was Thomas Spencer Miller born April 25, 1859 in Waukegan, IL. Even though they were both born in Illinois due their fathers occupations, their families were from Massachusetts. They had 3 children. There is so much more. Nancy

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your new lamp Judy. I have one similar to that and I leave it on all the time. I love the night time glow it gives.