Tuesday, May 5, 2009

More finishes....

Spring to finish is still going on if you need some motivation!! As I was moving about on bloglines I came across the announcement that Jacquie was extending the inspiration month with Spring to Finish II! So I have a very good reason to get moving and count my finishes! Two more are done tonight and ready for their debut! Go over and see what a great goodie the first winner will receive for getting chosen! Of course just getting inspired is a good thing too!

Now on to some more finishes!

Four Seasons by Joann Mullaly
65 x 80

The Four Seasons quilt is quite large! Larger than I had really realized until I was hefting it around and around on the machine! Scroll down for a picture of my finished top if you want a bit more detailed. Since the quilt holder was still at work, I laid it out on my bed for this picture. It's a stitchery quilt with embroidered blocks and was a bom offered by Country Loft. I think you can still get the pattern on their site.

I meandered the whole quilt rather large and used a nice medium tan/beige in the end to match the stitchery blocks. It showed a bit in the darker blocks but I really ended up liking the result.

Second finish....(3rd total overall) is my Jan Patek Mini Club selection for Easter. I changed a few things up in the quilt and did a simple crosshatch for quilting. I like crosshatch on these small wall hangings. WOW I just saw the new mini that should be coming soon to my house...the Flag and Chicken mini...VERY cute!! Will have to be made right away when it arrives!!

That's 3 down and a few more to get done! I have 2 new patriotic quilts I really MUST get moving on if I want them up this year. I have yet to even start those!! Then I have one to quilt tomorrow, and another to baste for quilting. Busy, busy, busy!!

14 comments:

Karen said...

The quilting on the embroidered block quilt turned out very good. I know it is a problem to come up with something for those type blocks. I remember you posting about what you were going to do on it. Good work!

Stina Blomgren said...

Wow..congratulations on your finishes... gorgeous work as always... love the little bunny and flower quilt..:o)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic workmanship Judy. Those little quilts from Jan Patek are so cute!

Vicki W said...

Great finishes!

Shakerwood said...

Love, love, love Jan Patek's stuff, too. As with Cheri, I have plenty of her books and patterns... just not many finishes! I really like the way you went through the embroideries.

Carol said...

Judy what great finishes...you're on a roll!

Darlene said...

Wonderful finishes, Judy. You may have inspired me to quilt my Four Seasons quilt - it's waiting patiently. :-)

deb said...

Your 4 seasons quilt is awesome, mine is in a box 1/2 done.....I guess I should get it out....
LOVE the Easter wall hanging too!!!!

Amanda Jean said...

your quilting is wonderful! i am happy to see an example of quilting over embroidery. i always wonder what to do with that. i like the cross hatch quilting on the smaller quilts, too. nice finishes!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good job there Miss Judy on your Four Seasons. I need to get going on mine again. I love your Easter wallhanging. Very cute!!!

ForestJane said...

That's nice! The quilting on both of them looks great. Do you have a favorite block out of all of them in the tumbler quilt? That little log cabin one draws my eye.

And hey, isn't it time for a few ragdoll pix, hmm? Love your pretty kitties. ;)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow you've been busy! They both look great.

Anonymous said...

See if this comment is a no reply for me Judy.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Let me try something else. lol I'm practicing on your blog.