Friday, August 1, 2008

In for repair....

This is what I saw today at my house..... and in Mrs. Schmenkman's words...I also felt rather "empty". Well I would still feel that way if I had nothing to fill the hole with at all. The tension has been getting worse on my machine and finally today after finishing quilting the Christmas Sampler by the skin of my teeth, I packed up Little Momma and got her ready to go to the shop tomorrow morning. Then out came the Baby. Ah, she still sews like a dream!

Since she didn't have a cover, I played with the little replacement and made her a cover. The boys like to play with any thread they see and who wants a dusty machine.

So this week I'll be sewing anything with a straight seam. Not much else I can do for 5 to 7 days while they sort out Momma. Not to worry I have plenty to sew.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is always fun to stitch on a featherweight. Seeing yours reminds me of mine....I seem to make it a second choice over my Pfaff. I noticed a piece of tape or something for your 1/4" allowance and thought I'd mention I purchased a special foot for 1/4 with a guard from Big Horn Quilts. It's great!

Libby said...

Oh it's so hard to turn our babies over to the repair shop . . . I dread it each and every time *s* Hope the week goes by quickly for you.

Thimbleanna said...

I hate taking my machine in -- I feel like they should work like a hospital -- you can go visit your machine every day and make sure she's being treated well LOL. I hope they find your problem in a hurry!

julieQ said...

Love your little baby! So cute, and yet sews like a Trojan!

Wendy said...

Oh do I ever feel lost without my machine, that's why it doesn't go in too often. I'm glad you have a work around for a few days.