Sunday, April 27, 2008

Catching Up...

Lots and lots of little things for lots and lots of quilts! That's what my week has been like. I finished the pink quilt, as I said, but just didn't have the strength to lay it all out and start pinning it for quilting. So I picked up all the pieces of projects and BOM's laying around and got those finished. Now I'm all ready for when they arrive in the mailbox!

First up is the Four Seasons Springs first block...all embroidered and pieced.

Then I finished the checker board block and the heart block to finish the current section for the Sweet Land of Liberty quilt. Since I was doing so well and moving right along...I decided to keep sewing and put the second row of the quilt together and make the skinny strip for the bottom to attach before you can add the square in a square blocks on the right end.

This is going to be a great quilt. I'd keep right on moving along except that I like using the fabrics they choose, so I have to wait for my packages to arrive. That should be any day now for both these quilts.

I also started using those new fabrics...a lot! I'm still deciding whether or not to show the blocks now or wait until the quilt top is completely finished before revealing what I am making. I really don't care what others think normally, at least not anymore. I used to worry a great deal...then I grew out of that! So I shouldn't worry. But for some reason, I'm still milling the decision over. It's gonna be a small quilt..50x50 or so and shouldn't take that long to do. Yep, I'll think on it some more.

10 comments:

Carol said...

Look at those wonderful blocks!

Wendy said...

Now you got me curious what you are working on next. All your blocks are looking great, it's nice to be all caught up before the next blocks arrive.

Darlene said...

Lots of beautiful pieces/parts. I'm curious about your new project, as well. But,you show it when you're ready. I understand exactly how you feel. :-)

Libby said...

I don't wanna be a begger . . . I'll just wait patiently until you are ready to share *s*

Needle, Thimble and Thread said...

We saw that terrible weather moved through VA and are hoping that all is safe and well with you...

hugs,
christine

julieQ said...

Such pretty blocks, I love to see your work...don't worry about anything, just enjoy! :)

Ginger Patches said...

Lot's of great blocks! I would love to see what you're working on but I totally understand what you're saying :)

Anonymous said...

Great blocks! I can't wait to see what you do with them.

Helen said...

This is going to be a really lovely quilt.

Anonymous said...

I came by simply to thank you for visiting the blog and saying hello but then got completely absorbed in your blog. I love quilting. Of course, I am not as talented as you but I was once told that I have a quilter's eye for color -- I consider it to be one of the greatest compliments I have ever received!

You can see my quilt here:
http://razorfamilyfarms.com/blog/?p=128

It was my very first quilt and is nothing compared to your quilts but it was made with the scraps from my grandparents' clothes after their deaths. It took me three years to finish it (one of which it spent hidden in a dark colored bag because I could no longer look at it without crying). I think you, of all people, can understand the meaning a quilt can hold.

Thank you so much for visiting today!

Blessings!
Lacy