Friday, February 1, 2008

I may have a slight problem...

Look what arrived today...

Strawberry Chrissy Annie...

They say the first step is admitting the problem. Yes, I looked at these Annie's for over a year before getting started with them, but once the first one arrived, oh my how easily I got hooked. Can't help it. I jumped when the buzzer rang today because I knew what had arrived. All tucked away in her little tissue paper cacoon with a Valentine ribbon.

She's on the computer desk for the moment with the hubs lava lamps, but I already have plans for a 4 foot shelf over my magnetic bulletin board for them to sit on and look down on the sewing room.

You gotta love the strawberry in her hand! Hubby said the thing he likes the most about them is that they aren't perfect. You see the knotted string in her hand, the ties on her dress, and the ties for her curly locks, but it looks great! Best of all they smell of vanilla.

Yes, I think I have very big problem.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where I've been, but I just found Red Geranium Cottage blog last week, and saw the Annies she had gotten...didn't take me a year, lol, I've already ordered 2, one for myself and one for my mom who is undergoing breast cancer treatment and collects angels. She is getting an Annie with a halo and wings!!

Can't wait to see them :)

atet said...

Ok, um -- would you people stop with the Annies. I want one. I really, really, want one. I shouldn't. I have a toddler who will think they are for HER to play with. But I just want to have one (ok, who the heck am I kidding -- a few) to hang out and look cute. No...not going to do it...I refuse to drink the kool aid...

Ginger Patches said...

OMG!! I can't believe you ordered the last one I wanted!!!LOL!! It is an addiction isn't it??

antique quilter said...

she is adorable and yes I will be ordering one soon too.
thinking about making it a custom order and sending her the fabric I want for the dress :)

you know you need to make her a quilt right?
Kathie

Darlene said...

She's darling! I love the strawberry in her hand, too.

Libby said...

If this is a problem . . . I say 'Shop on' *s*

Susan said...

oh but isn't it such a fun and harmless problem

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh man that strawberry looks real! She is adorable!

Wendy said...

She is so sweet and the strawberry looks yummy. Just think of all the gratification you get looking at her.

Carol said...

But what a fun problem to have. They are just so darn cute...you can't help yourself...you are not responsible. How am I doing? LOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I'm with Libby, SHOP ON!!!! Love your Annie. But you girls need to leave some for ME!!!!

Lucy said...

LOVE your Annie. I can't wait to see your collection grow!!

Lea said...

Aaaaahhhh, She is so C-c-cuuuute!!! Judy, I understand you, I don't think no one can't resist these cutie! love to see your collection grow! :-)

Karen said...

Maybe you can join Annie's Anonymous for your Annie addiction. The strawberry print dress and the strawberry in hand are really cute!

Patti said...

Look at it this way - you are an adoptive mother giving these very needy little girls a home!