Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tote bag done...


The tote bag is done and I only have a few battle scars from the experience. I swear involuntary reactions suck! I feel like a pin cushion! I swear I hate working with pins, but they do their job.

The tote bag instructions were a little wonky, but I knew how to make a bag so I just fell back on those skills and did what I usually do when I make them and all turned out well. I am really glad that I got these fabrics, they turned out really well and I love the colors. I chose not to make the embroidered handle instead just making one from a 4" strip and folding in on itself it to make a nice 4 layer 1" strap. It will be a good bag for sewing retreats.

A look at the inside...I pieced the lining which worked fine for me. Once it's stuffed with stuff who sees the lining?

I also got my embroidery Eagle done for the SLOL quilt and I faux paper pieced the flag that goes under it. Once I get it trimmed out and sewn together, I'll post a pic for you to see.

10 comments:

antique quilter said...

Love the bag Judy!
great fabrics.
Makes a great sewing tote bag.
Kathie

Libby said...

Looks great! The best part about the bag is the pocket . . . comes in handy in so many ways *s* Enjoy!

Patti said...

Oh, you are going to be the envy of everyone around when you carry that to the next retreat. I just must get busy and make myself one of these!

Carol said...

What a great bag! You did an amazing job. You've been a very busy girl.

Sweet P said...

A gorgeous back. The stitchery is great.

Melanie said...

I need ths bag!!!! Great colors--- I love when quilting takes on the practical. You'll enjoy this for a long time.

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh your tote bag turned out wonderful!

Rosemary said...

cute totebag! I'm curious about whose stitchery pattern it is? Thanks! Rosemary

Wendy said...

Great bag. I did the same with my handles no stitchery. I use this bag more than any other one. And I have lots...LOL

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I have had that pattern for years. I wanted to make it but must have bought more items and that got pushed back and back and......well you get the message.