Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Lots to say...

Thanks for all the encouragement on slow and fast quilters. I guess I get more done than I think, it just feels sometimes like I piddle too much. I'll have the plan to start sewing early and it's 1:00PM before I even enter the room. So anyway...

Valentine Quilt done. Got all the quilting done Sunday night late and then yesterday trimmed the edge, made the binding and set it aside for sewing last night while watching tv. I put it on the coffee table before I went to bed. It's bright, not at all prim and that's fine. Most of my Valentine decorations are pretty bright too. Thanks to Sharon at Red Geranium Cottage for giving us the instructions to this little quilt.

This morning the mailman rang the buzzer and handed me this tiny package from Sharon over at Quiltgranny's Shoe. I knew something was coming since she had asked for my address, but I had no CLUE what?? Sharon I was floored and got the giggles once I saw him!

Thank you! Thank you! The wayward elf can live here with my elves and be perfectly happy! He's eagerly adopted! I had to put him in a little bundle of cloth so he'd stand up...he's missing his bottom cardboard base which Sharon remembers her son may have eaten! I'll find the perfect color of card stock and get him fixed this week. Along with this little fellow she also sent Mary Englebreit sticky note pads and a beautiful FQ of the most wonderful golden orange homespun. I know it will made come cool pumpkins on a future quilt. I think I know the pattern already! Thanks so much for thinking of me! The package made quite a trip getting here...it took more time than normal, but I think the elf wanted a little vacation!

I got 12 more blocks done for the strip quilt and now I think I only have 12 left to make and then that can be readied for quilting too! I think I heard the dryer click off, so that means fabric to iron and more to switch from washer to dryer. I have swap blocks to get made and out in the mail this weekend. I was gonna post my progress on the Christmas sampler but I'll save that for tomorrow. Happy Quilting everyone!

16 comments:

Susan said...

Your elf is adorable, what is his name?

Good job on finishing the heart quilt. It is charming.

Wendy said...

That's a wonderful valentine table runner, you did a nice job of making the scrappy hearts.

The little elf is so sweet, it's fun to get these gifties in the mail.

Carol said...

Your Valentine runner is wonderful! LOVE it!

atet said...

That valentine table runner is great! Love the colors, just the right shot of color at the end of winter!

As for the whole speed and quilting thing -- it takes as long as it takes. I've done a lot of "fast" projects lately, but I also usually have at least two or three going at a time. I'm like you -- I need to keep things interesting!

Lucy said...

What a lovely fast valentine quilt!!!!

Ginger Patches said...

Your heart quilt turned out sooo cute I love your quilting. See you're not slow mine is still stuck in the flimsy stage LOL.

Jeanne said...

Your Valentine runner is really cute! Just in time for this year, too.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Your runner is ADORABLE!!

(Wouldn't it look awesome as green shamrocks too???)

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh it is wonderful!

Darlene said...

What a sweet elfie surprise!

Your tablerunner is adorable. I love it.

julieQ said...

So cute! Love those hearts.

Karen said...

Are you an elf collector?

Carol E. said...

Valentine quilt is lovely!

sewprimitive karen said...

oh, pretty quilt, and so timely for Valentine's coming right up. And what a nice gift to get in the mail!

Lea said...

Your Valentine table runer is so pretty!!!I love your quilting design also. :-)
Oh, your elf is adorable. He made me smile. :-D

Erin said...

I love your Valentine Quilt!! and the elf is so adorable!! and I also love the prim quilt, coming along great! thanks for sharing...