I'm still trying to make my last quilt finish under the wire of the 31st...but I finished my lovely 9 patch swap quilt this morning! If I'm doing the counting right...this make entry number 4 in the July prize drawing. Now prizes are good, but getting things finished and out of plastic containers is the main reason for me doing this.
I took my pictures and immediately put it out on the quilt ladder so I could enjoy looking at it! I really do like how this quilt turned out and swapping with Carol was so much fun!
I spent the last few days working on little things here and there...embroidery for the ABC Sampler Quilt, and some other projects while giving my arm a bit of a rest. The best way to avoid hurting it way too much is to stop before it gets really bad. I've learned since blowing it out!! Smart girl!
One way I do this is sewing my bindings on the machine now, unless it's a small quilt or something really special that I want to have a hand sewn binding. But for quilts like this one or the sofa quilts... those I whip out on the machine. My Juki walking foot kinda flattens down the binding and spreads it out so although it looks like I am going to sew over the edge of the binding it actually skirts right next to the edge and when it comes out the other side it pops back up and you can barely see the seam, *IF* you can see it at all! It works for me and saves the hand sewing for better projects like applique.
A few people asked to see a close-up of the fabric I used for the alternate squares. It's a Jo Morton print from her Fredericksburg line. I had some and wanted a bit more when I bought it maybe a year ago and it was tough to find. I'm not sure you'll find any more now, but search away!