Monday, April 27, 2009

hellooooo....LOSERS!


What do ya know, I remembered Monday! Don't faint or anything Sharon!

I did pretty well this last week, although the scales stayed generally the same. But I think that's due to my right knee being testy at the moment and making the thigh above the knee swell up. That could account for a few pounds. It's weird looking and a bit uncomfortable but fine. Some Aleve and a few water pills will hopefully fix it right up. Geez, what the heck?.... I thought you fell apart at 50? I'm only 47! I'm still getting used to what I can and can't eat again due to the diabetes and meshing all that with weight loss, but it will all be fine once I get in the groove.

Earlier, the mailman rang the bell and handed me my goodies from Amazon! Two new books I found just this weekend! I saw the applique book over at Megan's and knew I had to have it! Then I got an email from Amazon announcing the new Freddy and Gwen book (out May 5th) and that clinched the deal!...that and free shipping! I peeked at Tonye's book but I'm saving Freddy and Gwen's book for a spot on the sofa and my full attention! oh..see the mustard and black plaid? that's the sale backing I got for the tumbler quilt. $4 yd at Quilter's Quarter...it's now all 60% off on sale for $3.20 a yard.

Now I promised a quick look at the taupe tumbler when I had it on the basting table. I just have the bottom left to turn and baste when I get my errands done and then I'll be deep in quilting for several days! I'm doing a big overall meander that shouldn't take too long on both this and the Four Seasons embroidery quilt.

Another odd view...I tried to get the whole top and it came out looking more like the cover of a very odd book! Wow is this going to be a heavy quilt. I'm not looking forward to quilting through some of those blocks with all the seams!

10 comments:

PiecefulChaos said...

Hi Judy! When were you diagnosed? I was just diagnosed 2 weeks ago - still trying to figure out the food, etc. too!

Karen said...

Judy, I can't tell you how much I love your tumbler quilt! Words just can't express it. Can't wait to see it machine quilted and the binding on.

Lea said...

Oh, Gosh,your Taupe quilt is absolutely Be-e-eautiful!!! It remind me of Tokyo ITL quilt show. :-)

I need to check out new Gewn's book too. Thank you for remind me!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I am sooo proud of you Judy!!!! Good for you remembering. I hope your knee feels better soon.
Love your tumbler quilt. OMG that is awesome.

Anne Ida said...

Oh. my! Your taupe tumbler quilt is gorgeous!!! Absolutely love it, and can't find any other way of expressing it.

Hope your knee feels better soon!

Jenessa said...

well i hope your knee gets better soon! beautiful quilt too

Libby said...

I just love getting another peek at the tumbler quilt - I just love it.

ForestJane said...

The tumbler quilt is looking simply superb - it may be heavy, but you're going to have a real award winner when you get done. :)

And hope the knee gets better soon!

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, I've seen both of those books on the internet and I've been so tempted! Mother's Day is coming up....;-)

ramewelamb said...

I agree with everyone--your quilt is a stunner! Hugs... e