Friday, May 9, 2008

Piddling along...

I've slowly worked up to being able to sew a tiny bit of hand work and finally got the one basted, waiting block done tonight. I can say I have complained before to hubby about aches and pains but I had no idea how good I really felt until it all went south and totally relapsed. I doubt I will be as easy to whine about feeling bad now and a very long while again before I complain.

Machine sewing has been easier, but Freezer Paper Piecing still requires a bit too much hand manipulation and so I haven't gotten to work on the CW blocks as much this week. But not to fear, I had some other blocks ready to go and got them over the last few days.

Above: B7 Hot Cross Buns...Done with Wendy's 3 Piece Freezer Paper Template technique, which worked wonderfully and will be used many times over!

Above... B7 World Series. Done with Anina's directions using reverse and regular applique.

Above....K2 Grandpa's Chickens...using regular strip piecing.

Above...G11 Decisions, Decisions; Again using the same 3 piece Diamond in a Rectangle piecing from Wendy.

I absolutely have another block to show and CW blocks but they will just have to wait for the next post since I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your fabrics - very bright and cheery. Glad the diamond piecing worked out so nicely. Your blocks looks great!

Juliann in WA said...

Your blocks are beautiful. Hope you are feeling a lot better very soon.

Malagueta said...

The colors are wonderful--so crisp and springy!

Darlene said...

Your blocks look terrific, Judy. Crisp and springy are perfect descriptive words.

I hope you feel better soon - sometimes we forget to listen to our bodies.

antique quilter said...

glad to see you sewing again...just take it slow and you will be sewing again at your normal speed!
Healing is better than finished blocks!
Kathie

Carol said...

Judy your Jane blocks are just wonderful...what fun colors. Glad you're feeling a bit better...take it slow...Kathie's right healing is better that finished blocks.

Libby said...

Good to hear that you are feeling on the mend . . . your work doesn't seem to have suffered one bit *s*

PiecefulChaos said...

Glad you are doing better! your blocks look great!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the way B7 Hot Cross Buns turned out. Your fabric choice was awesome and the block is stunning! Your other blocks are great as well but this one REALLY caught my eye. I'm sure your finished quilt will be stunning.